54th Annual Umpqua Valley Arts Summer Arts Festival
- Dates 6/23/2023, 6/24/2023, 6/25/2023
- Categories Arts & Crafts, Fair / Festival, Festival, Retail / Shopping
- Location Umpqua Valley Arts
- Phone (541) 672-2532
- Time 10:00 AM to 9:00 PM
- Website https://uvarts.com/summer-arts-festival/
The Summer Arts Festival (SAF) is the largest of its kind in Southern Oregon and began as a creative liaison between the public and local artisans, showcasing exceptionally crafted artwork alongside the people who make it. For over 50 years, this favorite summertime kick-off event has been the gathering grounds for artists, entertainers, vendors, community members and visitors–bringing together over 10,000 people the last weekend of June in Roseburg’s lush Fir Grove Park.
Celebrating the abundance of artistic and creative talent found in the Land of Umpqua and beyond, SAF is a one-of-a-kind experience for all involved–from the artist vendor to the festival guest. SAF is a community arts and culture event presented by UVA, a rural Oregon nonprofit with the mission to ‘create and foster a climate that supports arts appreciation, participation and education'. Proceeds from this event support UVA’s year-round work to provide arts and cultural experiences and essential education opportunities in rural Oregon.
The three-day festival hosts over 100 artist vendors in all media, offers FREE creative experiences and STEAM fun for young artists in the Youth Zone, features nonstop live music on two stages by local and regional bands, highlights Pacific Northwest culinary arts and craft beverages–and so much more. Summer Arts Festival is planned and executed by UVA’s staff of 5, 9 board members, a community planning committee, and hundreds of volunteers–with the support of numerous community partners and sponsors.
- Over 100 local and regional artists offering handcrafted works in all media.
- Local young artist vendors selling their work at our Emerging Artist Vendor tent.
- Fun-filled family art activities & STEAM experiences in our “Youth Zone”.
- Outstanding demonstrations performed by local artists.
- Non-stop music, dance, and entertainment on two different stages.
- A food court featuring sweet and savory treats from regional food vendors.
Friday: 10 AM – 9 PM
Saturday: 10 AM – 9 PM
Sunday: 10 AM – 4 PM
Art Vendor Booths Close at 7pm Friday & Saturday, and the Food Court and Main Stage are open from 11am-9pm.