The Douglas County Historical Society (DCHS) was formed in 1953 to protect and preserve historical records and artifacts in Douglas County which were important in the building of our county and in the lives of the people who lived here. DCHS owns The Floed-Lane House located at 544 S.E. Douglas Ave. Many historical artifacts are found within. This house-museum is open to the public most Sundays from 1:00 until 4:00 p.m. There is a small entrance fee. The Floed-Lane House is also available for private tours upon request.