As February pays homage to doting over your sweetheart - an authentic, classic date can be as simple (and perfect) as an evening shared between greasy fingers, cheese-smothered slices and two pint glasses.
Over here at Experience Roseburg, we think there is nothing quite as romantic as pizza - and Roseburg provides a large variety of styles and atmospheres to choose from.
- Old Soul Pizza: Wood-fired pizzas that boast a variety of fresh ingredients and unique combinations. A cozy, eclectic atmosphere and large beer selection makes this a great date-night spot. The garlic knots to start are a must - just bring mints for late-night smooches. Located at 525 SE Main Street in downtown Roseburg. (Check out this premiere episode of Between Two Rivers featuring Old Soul Pizza)
- Bluebird Pizza: Gourmet pizza packed with plenty of fresh ingredients and options including gluten-free and vegan/vegetarian. Going to Bluebird is like going to a friends’ house - the quaint, cafe-style pizzeria is tucked in the Hucrest neighborhood of Roseburg and not only offers praise-worthy food, but friendly conversations and smiles. Located at 1612 NW Keasey Street.
- Backside Brewing Co.: Not only will you get a hefty tap list as well as many local wines and hand-crafted cocktails - guests will find a quintessential American brewhouse atmosphere and thin-sliced, devourable wood-fired pizzas. Two locations: 1640 NE Odell Avenue in Roseburg and a new location at 105 W. Central Avenue in Sutherlin.
- Loggers Pizza: If you’re in the mood for a larger pizza - or perhaps it’s a group date - Loggers Pizza serves up lots of meaty and veggie pizza options and has gluten-free crust available. The casual sports pub also has a full bar, local beer and wine, and a big menu with other goods. Located at 2060 NW Stewart Parkway in Roseburg.
- Abby’s Pizza: While Abby’s is a popular chain throughout Oregon, it has to be mentioned for two reasons: 1) Really good pizza. 2) Abby’s started in Roseburg! In 1964, Abby’s first opened their doors at Abby’s Pizza Inn on NE Stephens Street and today there are 35 Abby’s locations throughout Washington and Oregon. Come for the tasty pizza and famous spuds, and enjoy the history. Locations in Roseburg off Diamond Lake Boulevard; NE Stephens Street; also in Winston, Sutherlin and Myrtle Creek.
- Mountain Mike’s Pizza: Although brand new, Mountain Mike’s Pizza has already gained a reputation in delicious pizza. Dine-in or take-out and see for yourself. Located at 722 W Harvard Avenue, Suite 108.