Let the Christmas shopping commence! This year has been incredibly difficult for local businesses so there is no better time to spread the gift of cheer in multiple ways – shop small and locally while also finding unique gifts for everyone on your list.
Roseburg and the surrounding Douglas County area have no shortage of talented crafters, artisans, carpenters and entrepreneurs. Pop into one of our local boutiques or gift shops and not only will you find one-of-a-kind items, but many of them locally made.
Let’s put down the phones and take a break from the big-corporation, online shopping. Let’s instead spend the day discovering Roseburg’s fun and Spunky boutiques. Here are just a few of our recommendations:
- Whiskey Creek Rustics is everything “rustic,” “reclaimed” and “repurposed” with clothing, gifts, accessories, children’s items, signs and small furniture pieces that embrace some sass and backwoods hometown – paying homage to the wonderful and wild Pacific Northwest. Whiskey Creek Rustics is open Wednesday through Friday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., and Saturday from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., and located at 368 NE Ward Ave. in Roseburg, Oregon. Whiskey Creek Rustics can also be found on Facebook @whiskeyCREEKrustics.
- The 1257 boutique features Oregon and outdoor-themed clothing and unique items for women, men and children, as well as accessories, and bath and body products. The 1257 is open Tuesday through Friday 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., and Saturday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. More information and online shopping at the1257.com and Facebook @the1257boutique.
- The Spunky Steer is crawling with high-quality western and bohemian-style clothing for men and women, furniture, children’s items, accessories and much more. The Spunky Steer is open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesday through Friday, and 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturdays. It is located at 2395 NW Stewart Parkway in Roseburg, Oregon and also available to shop online at spunkysteer.com. You can find the store on Facebook @SpunkySteerStore.
- Real Deals features farmhouse-chic furniture, seasonal decor as well as fashionable clothing and accessories at a real affordable price. Real Deals is open Thursday and Friday 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. They are located at 4119 NW Stephens Street in Roseburg, Oregon. Visit their Facebook @realdealsroseburgor.
- The Umpqua Valley Farmers’ Market is a wonderful place to find stocking stuffers and other homemade goods. Located at 1771 W Harvard Avenue and open Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Facebook @umpquavalleyfarmersmarket.
- The People’s Goods is located in historic downtown and is the perfect spot for picking up something locally made. The store features vendors, farms and artists from the community with a variety of items available. Located at 612 SE Jackson Street and open 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday. Facebook @thepeoplesgoods.
- Associated Cellars and Gifts is packed with local items and decor – including holiday decorations, gifts and locally made wine. They are open 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday to Friday, and 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturdays. Located at 444 NE Winchester Street in Roseburg. Facebook @associatedcellars.
- The Kitchen Sink has an abundance of kitchen wares, speciality food items and other fun gifts for those who love cooking. The store is located at 622 SE Jackson Street and open 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesday through Friday, and 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturdays. Instagram @thekitchensinkrsbg.
- Porter Creek Mercantile features local vendors with not only produce and baked goods, but crafts and other unique, handmade items. The market is located right off Highway 42 in Tenmile, next to Treat’s Cafe at 6721 Highway 42. They are open Thursdays 11 a.m. to 12 p.m., Fridays 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Satudays 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Facebook @portercreekmercantile.
- Poppy Layne Clothing & Accessories is packed with fun women's clothing, gifts, decor and more. The store is located at 723 NE Stephens Street and open Wednesday to Saturday 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Facebook @PoppyLayneClothing.
- The Umpqua Valley Arts Association’s Handmade Holiday shop is going virtual this year. This highly-anticipated annual event brings in one-of-a-kind, beautifully hand-crafted items from local and regional artists. Get the opportunity to find unique gifts from handmade and hand-dyed scarves, jewelry, holiday decor, children toys, locally made soaps, ceramic dishes, bowls and coffee mugs, greeting cards, paintings, and more - while also supporting UVAA and local artisans. The Handmade Holiday Virtual Shopping Event will take place on Facebook at www.facebook.com/events/380441426362185/ from December 8-23.